Facilitated Poster Sessions
Presenters are asked to give a 3-5 minute presentation in a themed session highlighting the key points from their poster, followed by group discussion. Any time remaining at the end of the session may be used for a group discussion or individual poster viewing.
A facilitator will be appointed to lead the discussion.
Presenters are also encouraged to stand by their posters during one or more of the coffee and lunch breaks for one-to-one discussion with participants.
Dedicated Poster Session - TBD
Setup and Tear Down Information - TBD
How to Mount Your Poster
Please note, the posters for CCME 2018 are in a VERTICAL format.
- The posters may be 87 inches high by 36 inches wide, or smaller
- Material on surface: Braelock fabric
- Velcro and push pin compatible
- Visual size: 87'' x 36'' (Height by width)
- Metal frame: 1'' squared
- 10 velcro dots will be provided to you onsite
Suggestions for Effective Posters
- Letters and numbers should be large enough to be readable from 1.5 m. For example, font size recommendations for Arial font: Title = 72pt; Author and affiliation = 48 pt; Text = 36 pt. Use simple typeface and use bold type for headings
- Use bullets, and keep text to a minimum. Don't crowd information onto the poster.
- Keep figures and tables simple.
- Use a simple background and colour scheme that does not detract from the information being presented.
- Excessive use of organized logos or advertisements is discouraged
- If possible, provide miniaturized copies of the poster (e.g., 22 cm x 28 cm; 8.5" X 11") and your business card.
- Provide an envelope where people can leave their business card requesting additional information.
- Include a recent photo of yourself in the upper right-hand corner so that people can find you for discussion later.